What you need to know about Daniella Okeke: background, career, relationship, films, net worth: One of the Nollywood stars who is quickly becoming a household name is Daniella Okeke. She is a well-known and skilled actress, and one simply cannot ignore the contributions that she has made to the film industry. Her performances in the films Lagos Cougars, Stronger than Pain, and The Boss Is Mine say a lot about who she is as an actress. In addition to being a model, she is also an entrepreneur and a charitable contributor.
Every day, the Nigerian entertainment business continues to impress many people with the new and upcoming talents that it showcases. The entertainment business has witnessed the ascent and development of a variety of people into renowned performers and actresses over the years.
The birth of the actress took place on March 26th, 1987 in the state of Imo, which is located in the eastern region of Nigeria. How old is Daniella Okeke? As in the year 2021, the actress will be 34 years old. She has not provided any information on the identities of her parents and siblings, nor the locations of any of them. On the other hand, she frequently sends her mother images of herself and has done so on a number of occasions. The actor spent her childhood in the southern portion of the state of Delta. Schools in Delta State were where she attended elementary and secondary school, therefore she received her entire education there. She continued her education at Delta State University for her undergraduate degree after graduating from high school. She earned her degree in Fine and Applied Arts and is now a graduate.
The year 2006 marked the year that the actress made her debut in the Nigerian film business. She began her career by participating in a number of movie rehearsals and playing supporting roles. A little over a year later, she was cast in a part that catapulted her into the public eye in the film Sleek Ladies.
She has had the opportunity to collaborate with some of the most notable actors and actresses in Nollywood throughout the years. She has appeared in films alongside Emma Ehumadu, Mercy Johnson, Junior Pope Odonwdo, Tonto Dikeh, Ramsey Noah, and Monalisa Chinda, amongst other notable African actors and actresses. In 2013, she was cast in a second role, this time in the critically praised movie Lagos Cougars. Her performance in the character of Joke was a significant factor in the box office success of the movie. Okeke’s performance in the part got her nominations for the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards in the category of Best Actress in a Leading Role (AMAA). She was also considered for the same part at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards, in the same category for which she was considered. As seen by the countless parts she has played successfully throughout the course of her career, the actress has made important contributions to the cinema industry.
She is credited for her roles in the following movies:
- 2007 – Stronger Than Pain 1 and 2
- 2007 – Sleek Ladies 1 and 2
- 2013 – Lagos Cougars
- 2013 – I Think He Loves Me
- 2013 – Show Me, Heaven
- 2013 – Indecent Desire
- 2013 – The Evangelist
- 2014 – Sister’s Heart
- 2015 – Lost Pride Season 1 and 2
- 2016 – Telepathy (A Sister’s Heart)
- 2016 – The Oracle
- 2016 – Secrets
- 2016 – Obsessed
- 2016 – The Boss is Mine
- 2016 – Flaws
- 2017 – Long Throat
- 2017 – Tommy and Kenny
- 2017 – Sarah’s Epiphany
- 2018 – My Husband’s Diary
- 2018 – Sexy Gina
- 2018 – The Devil In Between
- 2019 – A Matter of Chance
Awards and nominations
The following is a list of the many awards, nominations, and other honorary honours that have been bestowed to the actress:
- 2014 – Best Actress in a Leading Role Nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2014 – Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) Nominee for the Best Actress in a Leading Role
- 2015 – Nominee at the Lagos Fashion Awards for the Most Fashionable Fast Rising Actress of the Year
- 2018 – Golden Movie Awards Africa Nominee for Golden Supporting Actress (Drama)
- 2018 – Nominee at the Golden Movie Awards Africa for the Golden Actress (Drama)
- 2018 – Nominated Sarah’s Epiphany for the Overall Golden Movie at the Golden Movie Awards Africa
- 2019 – Celebrity Owned NGO of the Year at the Nigeria Women Achiever’s Award
- 2019 – Conferred with the International Honorary Goodwill Ambassadorial Award at the Nigeria Goodwill Ambassador Awards
- 2019 – Award Recipient at the African Leading Women Awards
- The gifted actress expresses her gratitude to the community by participating in a variety of charitable endeavors. The Daniella Okeke Foundation was established by her, and she serves as both its founder and chief executive officer. The foundation is a nonprofit organization that does not seek to make a profit from its work and aims to assist those who are less fortunate.
In 2017, the foundation was an active participant in a project that was known as the Stay in School Project. They gave out a variety of school materials to youngsters attending several primary schools in the Ikorodu area. As a direct consequence of this, the students were able to continue their education at school because all of their requirements were satisfactorily met. The actress and members of her organization paid a visit to the Kirikiri women’s jail in December of 2018. Food and other necessities were provided to the mothers and children who were being held captive, including the infants. In the month of December 2019, the Daniella Okeke Foundation distributed food items to residents in the Makoko neighborhood who were less fortunate than others.
The actress is single and not involved with anyone at this time. Her profession in the entertainment sector, her enterprises, and her work with a charitable organization keep her quite busy. She does not currently have any children.
The career of the actress as a film performer has been very fruitful for her. As of the year 2021, it is anticipated that Daniella Okeke will have a net worth of $1.5 million.
Daniella Okeke has proven that she is a talented actress and an independent woman. When she sets her sights on a target, she does not relent in her pursuit of it until it is completed. As seen by her successful professional and commercial endeavors, she exemplifies the virtues of toil, diligence, and self-control.